RedHat install Gotcha

Subject: RedHat install Gotcha
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 13:08:38 AKST

During some of my recent RedHat installs, I have come across a timing
problem that is related to switching the CD's. If you click ok to move
forward before the CD has had a chance to settle down, there is a
possibility that the install will crash.

Solution:

The solution is pretty simple...wait longer after inserting the next CD.
Consistenly I have found that if I wait for the CD "busy" light to go off
after inserting the next CD and before I press OK. Everything goes well.

Mike