Toshiba laptop key

Subject: Toshiba laptop key
From: Jan Zumwalt (jwzumwalt@neatinfo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 11:50:14 AKST

Anybody know if any place in town that can repair a Toshiba laptop key?

My 12yr old daughter somehow caught the lower edge of a key and pulled it
off. There is a very small plastic hinge mechanism that holds the key
vertical while it travels. My attempt to replace the key broke that small
piece of plastic's hinge pin. The hinge pin is perhaps 1/100th of an inch in
diameter. I have experimented with some thin foam and can make it work but I
would like to have it fixed properly if possible. As a last resort I can
succumb to the small foam pad and silicone glue :-{)

Jan Zumwalt