Re: Modems

Subject: Re: Modems
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 19:45:26 AKST

Not for a PCI modem that at least promises to work with Linux. You might
check with AK Used Computer for a used external or if Mark can find the
one he said he would part with.

As far as I know, US Robotics/3Com is the only one advertising a Linux
compatible PCI modem.

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 14:24, Matthew Dunaway wrote:
> I went to CompUSA and Best Buy today. Best Buy did not have any modems that
> will work with Linux in stock. When they have them, they are $79.95. I don't
> remember who made it.
> CompUSA had a US Robotics for $99.99. It says it will work on any Linux with
> kernel 2.3 or higher.
> Does anyone know where I can get a modem for less than $99.99? I will get it
> if I have to, but I would rather find someplace that might be cheaper.
> ---

Jim Gribbin <jewelrysupplier@gci.net>
Anchorage Jewelry Supply