Re: dule headed video

Subject: Re: dule headed video
From: Shortpier (shortpier@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 23:48:50 AKST

As far as I know Matrox is the only one to support dual eads on one card in
linux. I have had lots of luck with mutiple PCI cards (diffrent manufacture
etc) Main prob is only a few window mangers support them without xcinerama
( I know I cant spell :0 ) E is one of the best, KDE was sortof broken last
time I tried it, Gnome dont work at all on the secondary, XFCE worked fine,
Ice was ok.
 You need 4.X.X Xfree to get it to work, need a device entry for each card
and and a screen entry for each monitor. At the bottom of the Xf864 config
file you lay out the geometry IE screen 1 left and about screen 0
Sreen 2 Right of screen 0 etc.

Hope this points you in the right way.

Shortpier