Re: FRIDAY LINUX after Turkey Day ?

Subject: Re: FRIDAY LINUX after Turkey Day ?
From: Stanley Long (slong@customcpu.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 22:27:02 AKST

David Brown wrote:

> Stanly -
>
> I would like to come. Noon until... would be best for me.
>
> Dave Brown

Brian and Chris said we could do that if we want.

        Noon to Midnight: 12 hours of Wall-to-Wall Linux ...

 ... and there may be a door prize, too :-)

This is kind of sudden, but who is on the "nibbles" committee this week?
Potluck?

Fielder usually brings the CD-burning tower-'o-distros.
So all you guys who didn't get the kinds you wanted, come see him.

Most of the boxes have lots of applications available, so for you local
lurkers, this is an opportunity to compare.

If Dee shows, we could re-do apt-get for SuSE.
Pat Prout and/or Piet van Weel might show us how to run GRASS.
 and see if MatLab's module for satellite data display runs under
Octave:
        ala The MathWorks - MATLAB Digest November 2002
         http://www.mathworks.com/company/digest/nov02/earth.shtml
If that doesn't work, someone could try displaying CAT-SCANs or MRIs:
        http://www.mathworks.com/company/digest/nov02/dicom.shtml
Who has tweaked Geneology apps on a Linux box?

Jason, are you in a position to show off some Lego stuff?
Some of the Lego Mindstorm competition team will be back in their
corner.

Bring a friend.