Re: gigabit ethernet

Subject: Re: gigabit ethernet
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 15:13:30 AKST

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, KURT BRENDGARD wrote:

> im trying to send the boss out to get a gigabit
> ethernet adapter so i can upgrade our server over the
> thanksgiving holiday(got the whole shop tomyself for 4
> days) i cant get out there to see whats in town cause
> my car up and died. anybody have any experience with
> any of the ones here in town with linix? im running
> suse 6.3 i think on the server i would love to find
> one with precompiled drivers since i dont think im
> gonna be able to compile them myself on this thing.
> but any sugestions would be nice. thanks

If you're not real crazy about compiling a new kernel, you might want to
check out SuSE's hardware compatibility list in order to find a supported
adapter. You probably already have the driver modules on your system.

Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax