Re: Bootp problems

Subject: Re: Bootp problems
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 20:27:29 AKST

> > Mine is a J2382B. Defines "old", but was free, and until recently was
> > working...
> >

> Oh, you got lucky. The J2382B is a collector's item - one that actually does NOT support DHCP. Looks like HP stopped updating the firmware for that model.

Well, if it's such a collector's item, does somepne want to trade it for a
nice LJ4+ with an internal card? :-)

> Anyway, none of this addresses your immediate problem. Does the new server have a firewall that blocks UDP 67 & 68? There is no router between the printer & the server? Those are the only things I can think of that you haven't mentioned.
>
> Any debug or log entries from the BOOTP server?

The servers were exactly the same, same segment on the LAN, etc. No
routers, nothing... I thought at first I had typo'd the HW ID, but was
wrong... I started playing around with it, deleted the 'hn=' key, and it's
working now. No idea why it would work with that before, and now it won't,
but I'm not arguing - it's printing and that's all that counts.

Thanks for the ideas, though...