Re: chroot?

Subject: Re: chroot?
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 17:02:31 AKST

If you use ProFTPd, this is handled automatically, and there is no need to
make copies of files such as ls inside the root, since ls, and everything the
user needs, is handled internally by the FTP server. We use ProFTPd here and
love it. Great server, no problems.

When the user logs in, it chroot's to their dir, and to them it looks like
they are in / and they can't cd .. out of it.

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks