Re: wysiwyg HTML editor

Subject: Re: wysiwyg HTML editor
From: Damien Hull (dhull@digitaloverload.net)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 11:36:27 AKST

I tried Netscape composer and found several down sides to the program.
However, it was the only free program that is really a WYSIWYG HTML
editor.

1. It's hard to delete something once you have added it. I like using
nested tables to do my formating. I found it to hard to get rid of a
table once it was added.

2. Some of the more advanced options are not available.

Blue Fish...
This program is not a WYSIWYG HTML editor. All this does is help you
right HTML code. I don't like these programs at all.

The problem with programs like Blue Fish is that you end up looking at a
mess of HTML code. Have you ever tried to figure out nested tables in
HTML code? It's no fun.

Solution...
I think Linux is lacking in the web site design area. The only solution
I've come up with is to get the new Dream Weaver and run it in wine.