RE: "CC" hostname

Subject: RE: "CC" hostname
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 10:57:46 AKDT

Mehran writes:
> I am trying to make connection through a router to internet,
> using comcast cable modem. It seems Comcast is totally different
> with GCI cable modem connection. So far no luck getting Linux to
> access internet. But still working on it.

Where are you located? You won't be able to use just any Docsis
cablemodem, at least not in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Seward, Nome,
Sitka, or Valdez. Those sites all use a propriatary Com21 (atm-based)
modem.

Other locations use Docsis 1.1 modems, however GCI "prefers*" that you
use a supplied modem, as opposed to purchasing your own.
        *From a technical-support point of view.

Leif