Re: Rethinking WiFi

Subject: Re: Rethinking WiFi
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 09:12:50 AKDT

Alas! I appologize for leading you astray. No, as of today, I have
not gotten the WPC11 driver to compile. I beleive, however, I am
having a compile problem with my source file tree. I have been
attempting to do the compile on my laptop (naturally :-| but I had
problems squeezing in all the needed files. Tonight, Friday, I will
be attending the "lab" session at IDEA to tap into "brain cluster"
to get it compiled.

Assuming the lab session is at IDEA, I will also be downloading and
attempting to compile the driver for the DWL65+. Then, since I
missed the return date - too many other things to do - I will
download and attempt to compile the driver for the WUSB11.

So, Mike, if there is a lab session, do attend. Bring your laptop.
Share your successes and benefit in the successes of others.

Cheerio! fgd.

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:59:55 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Baker <mikelbaker@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mr. Dowding,
> But if I'm understanding you correctly you got this card to run
> under Linux? If so that is great. I am running RedHat 8.0 but it
> apparently doesn't recognize the card or I don't know how to make
> it recognize the card. Could you point me to a site that has
> information about how to get these cards running under linux?
> Thank you Mike
> Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
> wrote:Yes, Mike, that is the problem. Neither the Linksys pcmcia
> (WPC11 v3.0) nor the D-Link pcmcia (DWL650+) have current drivers
> in my distribution, Debian 3.0. So, one must get the source and
> compile it(module), or, if one's distribution has an update,...

snip!

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska