Re: Help with recording tapes

Subject: Re: Help with recording tapes
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 01:40:49 AKDT

The one time that I did that, I used a cable from the headphone jack on
my stereo to the input jack on my sound card. Then I fired up a sound
recording program, and hit play. When it was done recording I used a
sound editing program to clean it up a bit. All you'd need to do then
is write it/them to CD.

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 12:12, Barsalou wrote:

> I would like to take some old tapes that I have and transfer them to
> CD's that I can play in my car.
>
> What are the general steps that are needed to accomplish this?
>
> Mike

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
that would also stop you from doing clever things.