Re: Any lawyers on the list? (OT)

Subject: Re: Any lawyers on the list? (OT)
From: Scott Johnson (sjohnson@gci.net)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 23:15:44 AKDT

The code for the maps and directions is EXTREMELY simple to implement as
Yahoo allows you to just input a few variables (the address) as part of the
URL/Querystring and voila! Up pops the requested data.

The URL layout for the maps is:

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+B
elow&addr=ADDRESS&&csz=CITY%2C+STATE+ZIPCODE&Country=us&
Get%A0Map=Get+Map

Note the ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIPCODE parts of the URL. Just write your
code to insert the individual data as part of the URL where needed and
you've got it.

The directions URL is almost exactly the same....

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap&tarname=&tardesc=&
;osd=&newname=&newdesc=&dsd=&newHash=&newTHash=&newE
rr=&newTErr=&newaddr=FROMADDRESS&newcsz=FROMCITY%2C+FROMSTATE+FR
OMZIP&newcountry=us&newTFL=Use+Address+Below&newtaddr=TOADDRESS&
amp;newtcsz=TOCITY%2C+TOSTATE+TOZIP&newtcountry=us&Submit=Get+Direct
ions

Hope that explains it. If not just email me and I'll try to explain it
better.

Scott