VMware and Problem Issues

Subject: VMware and Problem Issues
From: Eric None (ak2sea@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 08:06:08 AKDT

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to set-up a Linux box at work with VMware
and I am running into two problems at the momment. The
first problem is that I am getting quite a few errors
in the logs related to the floppy and eth0 devices.
Here is a snip.
Oct 9 08:35:43 localhost kernel: floppy0: disk absent
or changed during operation
Oct 9 08:35:43 localhost kernel: end_request: I/O
error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 4
Oct 9 08:35:43 localhost kernel: floppy0: disk absent
or changed during operation
Oct 9 08:35:43 localhost kernel: end_request: I/O
error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 6
Oct 9 08:36:38 localhost kernel: eth0: Oversized
Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, entry 0xb
length 0 status 00000600!
Oct 9 08:36:38 localhost kernel: eth0: Oversized
Ethernet frame db4170b0 vs db4170b0.
Oct 9 08:36:38 localhost kernel: eth0: Oversized
Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, entry 0xc
length 0 status 00000400!
Oct 9 08:36:38 localhost kernel: eth0: Oversized
Ethernet frame db4170c0 vs d

These errors only start to occur when I start VMware
with W2K. The second issue that I am not sure if it is
related to this or something else is that I am not
able to join my local NT domain from the W2K virtual
machine. I've tested this from my laptop in a similar
configuration with no problem, but don't have the
machine with me to check side by side settings. Its
been a while since I've had a Linux box up due to my
recent move to Seattle so ignore my rusty terminology
:)

Thanks,

Eric

BTW, please copy your response to this email address
since I recieve the list in a digest form.