chkrootkit Problem?

Subject: chkrootkit Problem?
From: Mike Mellor (mmellor1@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 05:57:23 AKDT

I installed chkrootkit a couple of months ago, and it runs as a cron
task every day at 3AM. About two weeks ago I noticed that it
segmetnation faults when it gets to the test for "wted" However, when I
run chkrootkit manually, it does not seg fault, and says that everything
is ok. I changed my root password about the same time this error
started happening - could this be a part of it? All the other cron jobs
run just fine. And the big question is "have I been rooted?" I only
connect to the internet on a dial-up, and I have iptables running.

Thanks.

Mike