Re: Mandrake DVD

Subject: Re: Mandrake DVD
From: James Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 00:32:49 AKDT

Did you notice that the location of the 'boot.img' file is specified
relative to the location of the directory containing the files you're
creating the image from?

For instance, I ripped the image from the 1st RH 8 CD and loop mounted
it at /mnt/tmp. I then told X-CD-Roast that the directory it was to
create the image from was at /mnt/tmp. I then told it the boot image was
at 'images/boot.img'. As it is relative to the directory it is creating
the image from, the full REAL path would be '/mnt/tmp/images/boot.img'.
If the boot.img file was in my home directory, the path would become
'../../home/jgribbin/boot.img'.

Jim Gribbin

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 21:29, Greg Madden wrote:

> I have made a Mandrake 9.0 DVD (thanks to Donovans uploading the iso's
> to my hd). The only problem is I haven't figured out how to get a El
> Torrito boot image installed. Right now the dvd boots with a floppy.
> The same boot image that I am trying to get Xcdroast to add to the iso
> it builds. I specify the boot.img location in Xcdroast under boot
> options but when I go to create session/image>master image to file I get
> an error that it can't find the boot.img. If I omit the El Torrito
> option I can master an iso that I burn to a DVD with dvdrecord. I just
> need to figure out how to get the boot.img installed.
>
> Suggestions welcome.
>
> TIA
> --
> Greg Madden
> Precision Air Balance, Inc.
> email:pabi@gci.net
> Phone:(907)276-0461 Fax:(907)258-0461

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part