Re: Primary-Secondary DNS Issue

Subject: Re: Primary-Secondary DNS Issue
From: Scott Johnson (sjohnson@gci.net)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 02:02:50 AKDT

have you not specified any forwarder addresses in your internal server?

I have an internal DNS server for my domain as well. I simply have my DNS
server configured that if it doesn't have the record the client requests, it
goes to a list of external servers to get the addy. That's how DNS is
supposed to work.

It resolves internal addresses fine because the internal server think's it's
authoritive over my internal domain (because it has the records locally),
then any external site it goes and fetches from Internet Alaska (or GCI if
IAI doesn't respond).

I then have a seperate external server providing the external IP's for my
domain.

In my DHCP leases, I only specify the internal DNS server.

Scott