Re: Handspring and evloution

Subject: Re: Handspring and evloution
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 22:47:42 AKDT

On 29 Sep 2002, Jim Gribbin wrote:

> >From what I've seen about usb syncs on the Ximian-Gnome list, usb
> syncing is iffy at best. General consensus seems to be to get a serial
> sync going. I use a TRG Pro(palm 3) with a serial cradle, that works
> pretty well (not 100%).
>
> The packages installed on my RH 7.3 box are:
>
> gnome-pilot
> gnome-pilot-conduits
> pilot-link
>
> I would think you would need about the same ones on suse.

What have you heard about it being iffy? I do syncs quite reliably via USB,
and even use the memory stick as extra storage (using the SCSI and USB storage
modules). Pilot tools may not have gotten a stable rev yet, but the current
cvs version is solid enough to be a release candidate.

Now, the gnome support for USB is only in cvs as well, from what I hear, so
don't expect a stable rev to be able to use it. I always sync from either
JPilot or the shell, so it's a bit of a moot point for me.

        --Arthur Corliss