Re: converting win batch file to Unix/Linux exe

Subject: Re: converting win batch file to Unix/Linux exe
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 20:19:05 AKDT

Hmm... The first thing I would do is replace all the REM's with '#' chars.

Second, all the variables that are in the form %var% change to $var.

Third, change all the semicolons separating arguments to regular colons.

Also, the 'set' commands may need changed to be 'export' - but i'm not
quite sure what the difference is between the two

Lastly, double check that 'java' is in your paths.

I'm not that experienced with bash scripting, and it's been a long time
since i've had to work up anything more than a simple .bat file, so
someone out there probably has some better help/explainations than myself.

Anyway, hope that helps,
Justin