Re: Premissions

Subject: Re: Premissions
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 10:49:51 AKDT

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 16:41, Adam Elkins wrote:

> Ok, I fixed the mount issue, but now I'm having problems with read/write.=
> I=20
> chmod 777 /dev/hda1 and /mnt/windows, but I still cannot write to or from=
> =20
> it....
>
> Adam

I will assume that /dev/hda1 is a Windows partition. You can't set
permisssions on a fat of vfat file system. You can set it up with the
mount command or in fstab. In fstab use the 'umask' option ( man umask),
I have used umask=0000 but this is not the best way, it is open to the
world .

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.