Re: RedHat 8

Subject: Re: RedHat 8
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 09:17:14 AKDT

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, i_robot wrote:
> I think Debian is my next try....I;m pretty addicted to slack. With all the
> big distro's (Mandrake ect.) I don't feel like I'm learning anything...it's
> all already done for you. Debian is simmilar to slack in that way correct? I
> know Greg LIVES by Debian....

So do I :-)

Actually, I've taken my "spare" box (used for learning, crashing,
corrupting, etc.) and reloaded it with suse. Quite impressive, even though
I haven't played with it much yet. At the same time, I was given a
Powerbook G3. Tried Mandrake on it, but it almost feels like loading
Windows - it's quite heavily insulated, although it did detect everything
properly... Anyone have suggestions for a good G3 distro that's somewhere
between Mandrake's "I'm all insulated" appearance and debian's "set it up
yourself" layout? I'm thinking suse again, if there's a local ISO
mirror...