RE: Darned gateway access

Subject: RE: Darned gateway access
From: Christopher Erickson (cerickson@gci.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 05:49:16 AKDT

Incorrect subnet mask?

Incorrect DNS configuration?

-Christopher Erickson

-----Original Message-----
From: aklug-bounce@aklug.org [mailto:aklug-bounce@aklug.org]On Behalf Of
bthundereagle@aidea.org
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 5:47 AM
To: aklug@aklug.org
Subject: Darned gatway access

Okay, I just want to go to bed right now and don't want to even try and figure
this out at the moment. I have 2 linux servers with internal static IP
addresses. I then have my gatway/firewall. Both are have the gateway set up in
them, and typing "route" will return my gatway as the default. However I cannot
access any external recources. What could possibly be preventing me from
getting past my gateway? I can ping and access any internal resource, just not
through the gateway.

     Brian ThunderEagle
     - bthundereagle@aidea.org
     - furbs@swjedi.net