RE: W2k -> Linux PDC/Web Server

Subject: RE: W2k -> Linux PDC/Web Server
From: Mark-Nathaniel Weisman (mark@outlander.us)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 01:29:50 AKDT

Brian,
  The product you are looking for to handle the PDC functions in a
Windoze environment from a Linux box is a feature of Samba called
winbindd I don't know what the 7.3 distro has regarding Samba, but most
of the later distros came with it already installed. By installing
winbind into your existing Samba server you can not only set up a PDC to
authenticate windoze boxes, however you can also take over as the Master
Browser and many other features, take a look at the Samba site at:
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/ for more information. I must admit, it
works very well. You can even use the authentication from Windoze boxes
onto your linux server.

His humble servant,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President