Re: Sound Setup Loops

Subject: Re: Sound Setup Loops
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 09:59:32 AKDT

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 14:09, Jon Reynolds wrote:

> RH7.3 HP zt1135 laptop when I run /usr/sbin/setup and run the snd
> configurator it detects the sndcard AC97, but when it goes to play the
> sample sound it only says "hello,hello,hello....." and continues to loop
> on this. If the arts or esd drivers are loaded I get no sound when I
> kill them and run the setup that is when it loops. How do I troubleshoot
> this what do I look at to tell me why it is doing this?
>
> Jon

I think I have a similar hardware config. In my kernel config I have the
following.
1. CONFIG_SOUND=Y
2. CONFIG_SOUND_VIA82CXXX=Y
3. CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX=Y, the IDE controller drivers.

I add my drivers to my kernel on my laptop. I use KDE3.0.3, aRts
soundserver & kmix.

Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.
email:pabi@gci.net