problems with CD-rom

Subject: problems with CD-rom
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 08:22:11 AKDT

I have an interesting problem with a CD-rom I am using.....when in VMWARE
and I try and look at the CD, I get seek errors in the log...

However, if I mount the same CD it works flawlessly....anyone have ideas
about that?

My VMware operating system is Win2k.
My host operating system is RedHat 7.3

this CD was created by someone else on a different machine.

One of the interesting points is that this particular CD works in a
different machine that is similar to mine.

The CD in my machine does work, because I can read other CD's that I put in
there.

Mike