Re: cad in linux (was: NY Times..)

Subject: Re: cad in linux (was: NY Times..)
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 20:43:26 AKDT

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Justin Dieters wrote:
> It depends, at my office we use Land Development, Survey, and Civil
> Design which are extensions to the standard AutoCad, which I haven't
> seen any replacements for those on Linux. You also need to be able to
> download your survey data from your data collector or GPS, which I
> haven't seen anything for that on Linux either..

That's what we use, except for the Civil Design package. Trimble's GPS
Office package is also Windows-only, unfortunately...

I figure it'd be best to start with the receptionist, not the AutoCAD guy.
Start with the simple steps :-) Oh, and just got handed a Powerbook G3
"to see what you can do with it" <g>... I foresee Evolution in it's
future...