RE: Linux Server and Open Office

Subject: RE: Linux Server and Open Office
From: bamf75 (bamf75@gci.net)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 18:00:38 AKDT

I am in town and I will definitely be at the IT Expo. Right now I have
a RH7.3 box as my first install of Linux. I have heard lots of good
things about both Slackware and Suse, I am trying to think of a network
function that the box could perform that is not systems critical. I
want this to work so the suits will let me continue to use their network
as my own personal computer lab =). Is there any sort of document
management software we could play with? What works best with windows
workstations? How about time management? Print Server? This must be
typical of a windows user, "I just want someone to tell me what works
best."
Open Office is exciting to me. We just paid umzillion bucks to switch
from WordPerfect to Office XP. I would love to see something that works
just as well and you don't have to be a thief to get it for free. Does
anyone know if it will work with existing document management software,
GroupWise, Hot Docs or the like?
At any rate all your help will be, well helpful. Thanks