Re: A Stupid Questions

Subject: Re: A Stupid Questions
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 08:39:45 AKDT

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 23:24, James Raynor wrote:

> 1 - How do you install a file once you have downloaded it? I have
> downloaded Open Office and am interested in installing it but I am at a
> loss as to what to do with the file now that I have it. Duh.....The
> name of the file is OOo_1.0.1_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz, I am sorry to
> tell you, I have to ask, what is a .gz? Anyway, I am running RH 7.3
> with Gnome gui. Any help woul be great.
>
> Thanks
> Jim

There will be OO.org rpm's soon?, They are available for Redhat Rawhide
which probably don't work with RH7.3.If you decide to use the *.gz file
don't forget to install with the /n (this may be wrong check the
instructions) option. This is the network option, installs only a small
set of files into each users directory'

http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/instructions.html

--
Greg Madden