RE: A Stupid Questions

Subject: RE: A Stupid Questions
From: FeLoNiouS MoNK (codered@gci.net)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 06:04:46 AKDT

 GZ is gzip .(sorta like pkzip, winzip, etc.). you can do this $ tar -zxvf
 OOo_1.0.1_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz (the -z unzips the gzip)
 or you can just do $ gunzip OOo_1.0.1_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz which will
 unzip the file and will leave just the tarball which is the .tar then you
 can just do $ tar -xvf <whateverfile>.tar
 do $ man tar and it will give a good explanation of what the -x, v and f
 does.... anywayz from there you should be able to figure the rest out..
 btw.. i thought there was a (RPM) package for open office... but i could be
 wrong.. *shrug* anywayz once you finish decrompressing the file

 KNoM_NeLoF-FeLoN_MoNK