Up and Running

Subject: Up and Running
From: James Raynor (asjr11@uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 11:13:09 AKDT

Hello. I have my first Linux box up and running Red Hat 7.3 and have a
question. After I updated via the critical update link I noticed that
when I boot I have two versions of Red Hat to choose from at the boot
loader v. 2.4.18-10 and 2.4.18-3, do I actually have two version of the
OS on this box and if so which one should I user and how do I get rid
of the other one. If not, how do I make it so that the boot loader
only sees the one that I want? In addition, I need a good resource for
basic UNIX commands as well as the gnome GUI. Any suggestions?