Re: weird boot message

Subject: Re: weird boot message
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 23:41:39 AKDT

On Sun, 2002-08-25 at 21:45, The Fueley wrote:
> after using up2date, i rebooted and there were all these weird messages. i
> dont know what they mean. i've included a copy of the boot message. anyone
> know what's going on here?
> --
> The Fueley
> -- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
> -- File: dmesg.txt
snip}
> hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
> hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }

I did a google search on the error message, it is somewhat common
affair, enclosed one such link. I was getting similar errors on a IDE
drive, the research I did made me think it was a kernel driver (atapi)
chipset issue, poor ATAPI driver. I am far from knowledgeable about such
things but I think the ATAPI drivers are a bit weak in Linux.I yanked
the drive out and run SCSI drives.

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue76/tag/10.html

--
Greg Madden