Re: MTA listed as a SPAMMER by spamcop.net

Subject: Re: MTA listed as a SPAMMER by spamcop.net
From: Tim Johnson (tim@johnsons-web.com)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 14:17:31 AKDT

I was the one that made the contact with MTA. I
first asked the tech the following:

"This is a trick question, be very careful how
you answer it. Are you having problems with spam?"

The tech answered with an unqualified "No.".

I went on to say that their mail server was listed
on spam cop http://spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=12.6.42.4
with a score of 8. (.02 is the minimum to be listed).

The tech then admitted that they had a problem, but went
on to say that they were aware of it, but that it was
probably the result of a misunderstanding, and was perhaps
the result of one incident.

hhmmmph!
-tim-
* minion <minion@mtaonline.net> [020821 12:27]: