Re: Tomorrow's meeting (additional info)

Subject: Re: Tomorrow's meeting (additional info)
From: Buddha (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 19:23:54 AKDT

Adding my own $.02 to this adverstisement...

Topics Bob will cover at Wednesday's AKLUG meeting:

1. Current Hacks Used From/To Linux attacking key servers (Mail, Database,
and User servers)
2. Watching the hack on the network.
3. Analyze the origin, why the hacks work, and why they don't work.
4. Risk assessment: Looking at your infrastructure and enabling risk
management.

Bio:

Bob Reny, CISSP
Bob Reny has been working with Information systems for 9 years. His start
began in the military, working in Cheyenne Mtn, near Colorado Springs,
Colorado. There he worked as a systems administrator on a Honeywell
mainframe, and transitioned into Sun systems administration as the
mainframe
was decommissioned. As he finished his time of service in the Military he
transitioned into Department of Defense (DOD) contracting. As a contractor
he worked with several government agencies performing Red Team aggressing
activities against the NSA, USAF, DOD, and NASA. Bob also performed detailed
product analysis of the latest security products, and architecting secure
information processing architectures enabling the highest data protection
requirements of the DOD.