Re: FW: linux article

Subject: Re: FW: linux article
From: Matthew Schumacher (schu@schu.net)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 08:56:08 AKDT

It's all good and well that oracle and ibm are backing linux, but I
still can't get quotas to work reasonably well using smp under load.

I think linux has it's ninch, but I'm thinking about going to FreeBSD to
avoid some of the serious issues it still has.

Don't get me wrong, I like linux, but I am sick of fighting crap like
quotas and -ac kernels with twice the scsi performance but other issues.
  Trying to find a kernel that does everything I need without other bugs
or performance issues is becoming a pain. It's almost as lame as trying
to figure out which order M$ patches need to be installed.

schu

schu