Re: using a CD-RW as a "Direct CD" in Linux

Subject: Re: using a CD-RW as a "Direct CD" in Linux
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 17:30:22 AKDT

Apparently that is planned for the 2.5 kernel.

http://www.van-dijk.net/linuxkernel/200214/0086.html

Oh-well. That was one of the things I had been wondering about recently
but hadn't looked for yet.

Jim Gribbin

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 08:32, Mike Barsalou wrote:

> I would like to try and mount my CD-RW as a "Direct CD". So the end result
> would be the CD-RW mounted on say /mnt/cdrw and whenever I put files in that
> directory it would write them to the CD...is that even possible in Linux?

Jim Gribbin
Anchorage Jewelry Supply
700 W Fireweed Lane
Anchorage, AK  99503

Phone (907) 277-7338 Fax (907) 277-7339

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part