Re: Cybersecurity czar gets tough ...

Subject: Re: Cybersecurity czar gets tough ...
From: Buddha (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 18:23:29 AKDT

This has already happened in the USAF and is our mandatory first stop for
IT shopping.

https://afway.af.mil (I hope this link isn't limited to just .mil or .gov)

Try the 'news' tab at the top for a description.

"...independently certified product lines."

This just means that someone in DoD has done it's own or contracted out
vulnerability testing to a company like Mitre and then publishes a report
on it's security.

BTW: We actually have units on base using wireless networks, but they're
in the new hospital which is completely shielded.

-Buddha