RE: Cheap HP PA-RISC systems

Subject: RE: Cheap HP PA-RISC systems
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 19:39:50 AKDT

> > Leif:
> > Yikes. That's almost for nothing. Wish I had room for another
> > platform, but my wife is already making noises about cleaning up my
> > "junk" room.
>
> Tell me about it. I've been meaning to wipe and rebuild a C110 w/HP/UX to
> sell it, but now I have to wonder what I can even get for it. . .

I think C110's have been drawing $50-100 on eBay lately. Been looking more
at C3x00 boxes, but the C110's are pretty common...

> So, who here was running Linux on PA-RISC? How far has that project come?
>
> --Arthur Corliss

I am. Haven't heard about anyone else, though...

Debian 3.0 has HPPA as a supported arch now. It's not quite as easy as
i386, and the kernel still has work to go to be completely stable, but
it's runing happily for me right now. Has a bit over 11 days uptime right
now :-)

Interesting to be able to use CVS to update the kernel revision, though...