Re: Debian Question

Subject: Re: Debian Question
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 07:42:54 AKDT

> > "W.D.McKinney" <deem@wdm.com> wrote:
> > Does the "sid" version have bootable install images for net installs ?
> > Know of any locations for wget ?
> >
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, James Zuelow wrote:
> I don't think anyone bothers to make CD images for sid, as it is
> constantly changing.
>
> The best (IMHO) way to get sid is to do a base install from stable
> or testing (more or less the same thing right now, since Woody is
> only a week or so old). Then change your apt-sources list to
> unstable, and do a dist-upgrade.

Actually, testing points to sarge now. Since there's so little difference,
it'd probably be easier to use the stable netinst and upgrade from
there...

> If you really want CD images, you can make your own with jigdo.
> (http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/) There is a jigdo setup for
> unstable for both CD and DVD, updated every day.

This would be the way to do it. I've got jigdo pulling Woody for me right
now :-)

If you'd like, I can pull a sid cd-1 for you. It'd be a full cd, not a
netinst. wget could run against
ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/binary-xxx most likely.