RE: InstallFest planning

Subject: RE: InstallFest planning
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 12:46:30 AKDT

Justin,

This will be held at the Egan Convention Center along with the yearly IT
Expo. We have been given space to be at the Expo and we will be doing talks
as well. Last year I took both days off from work so that I could be
available at our "booth" and to do a talk as well.

We are going to work with Sourdough Productions to provide an easier way for
folks to drop off their computers and then park their cars. Most of the
installs that I was involved in were "Could you install Linux on this while
I go inside and look around?" I think that is reasonable and
understandable.

This generated a need to have a good "here's what you do now" kind of
document...specifically, getting them hooked up with AKLUG and getting
started right.

Mike