Re: Free computer stuff (bus types now included)

Subject: Re: Free computer stuff (bus types now included)
From: Buddha (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 19:15:17 AKDT

Someone reminded me I left the bus type off from the descriptions...fixed
now. Sorry 'bout that.

I'm moving back to Oklahoma in October (courtesy of the USAF) and have
started lightening the load. All this stuff is FREE (as in beer) and
worked great when removed unless noted. Everything left over goes to
Stan for inclusion in the Van-O-Stuff.

Please send all questions and 'claims' to me personally. Transfer will
take place at a future Friday Night Get Together.

- (2) 32MB 50ns EDO 72 pin SIMMs (tin contacts)

- 1.2 GB Western Digital IDE HD

- (2) 1.6 GB Western Digital IDE HDs
  --Prefer to give these away as a set to someone who wants to try RAID
out as they're a 'matched pair'. They were used successfully with MR.
BIOS RAID level 1

- (ISA) SIIG High Speed I/O card - 2 16550 serial ports (1 9-pin & 1
25-pin) -1 IEEE 1284 (ECP/EPP) parallel port (original docs included)

- (PCI) Matrox MGA Millenium with 2 MB WRAM (this card is rock-solid)

- (PCI) Orchid Righteous 3D - original 3Dfx chipset with VGA passthru cable
  --Needs to be teamed with a 2D card.

- (ISA) Thrustmaster ACM Gamecard with two game ports

- (PCI) Generic 10/100 NIC with Holtek HT80232 chipset

- (ISA) 3Com 509 10Mbit NIC
  --Bought from Computer Renaissance for $20 a few years back and never
got it to work in my firewall. Maybe your luck will be better.

- (PCI) 3Com 905b 10/100 NIC - This card became 'finicky' under Win2K. You
may have better luck under *nix.

- (ISA) Sound Blaster 16 ASP (Could be used to prop a door open maybe?)

- (ISA) Zoom 28.8 fax/modem (I just can't make myself throw this away...)

- 2x KF-32 removable HD trays - ATA 66/100 compatible - two internal
fans
  --If you're looking for a challege, this is it. These cost me $70 new
last year but I could never get either one to work as the four metal
sleeves in the power connecter were spread apart and I never could get
power to the units after much tinkering. Had planned on using them to
play with different OSes on one machine. Someone with enough patience
and maybe some soldering skillz could bring these to life.