openssl and openssh

Subject: openssl and openssh
gkvokov@techalaska.com
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 22:44:19 AKDT

Hello All,
Having a problem with openssh (openssl?). Compile and install goes fine.
However, when I go to login using putty the right user and password get an
'access denied' response.

I'm trying to use password authentication. I've played around with the
sshd_config file with no luck.

Running Red Hat 7.2. Uninstalled apache, openssl, and openssh using rpm.
Compiled apache with static openssl. Works fine. Then compiled and installed
openssl and openssh. The combo seems to work since loging in gets me to the
login and password phase. Seems to me like a config issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg Kvokov