Re: whois server

Subject: Re: whois server
From: Michael Fowler (michael@shoebox.net)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 17:10:54 AKDT

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 04:39:21PM -0800, Justin Dieters wrote:
> how often is the whois server typically updated?

Depends on which one you're talking about. Network Solutions's external
database is updated daily, or possibly twice a day. This is for records
actually stored by them; I'm not sure how often referrals are updated.

Most, if not all, OpenSRS registrar database are updated within minutes of a
change. I only mention this because we have domains registered through one,
and I've noticed how quickly the record is changed.

Michael

--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com