RE: Self-signed key verses Verisign or Thawte

Subject: RE: Self-signed key verses Verisign or Thawte
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 16:29:18 AKDT

Don't still have to be physically in the middle for this to work? You said
you can be man in the middle for anyone...isn't that a physical
impossibility? Unless all traffic is routed through you?

I can see that if you are on the same cable network as me, then this would
be a potential problem for me specifically, but not for the guy who lives in
Japan and is trying to reach Norway...most likely no packets routed through
the USA.

Or am I way off base here?

Mike