Re: Checking for an open relay

Subject: Re: Checking for an open relay
From: Grant Stockly (grant@stockly.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 01:46:13 AKDT

> There are several web pages that provide this service (search for 'open
> relay test' on Google). One such site is:
>
> http://www.ordb.org/submit/
 I wouldn't go that route...

If you're an open relay they will blacklist you for fun...and its not easy
to get off their list. It takes days for them to purge information from
their database.

In the meantime, don't expect to send mail to the aklug list! :)

I suggest just manually trying to relay mail through your server from
another shell account (not on the server testing...)

mail from: bob@microsoft.com
250 2.1.0 bob@microsoft.com... Sender ok
rcpt to: bob@apple.com
550 5.7.1 bob@apple.com... Relaying denied