Re: grep ?

Subject: Re: grep ?
From: Christopher Swingley (cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 20:33:17 AKDT

Dee,

* W. D. McKinney <deem@wdm.com> [2002-Jul-14 13:20 AKDT]:
> What is the best way to grep through the file to find information ?

I use grepmail if I'm trying to find an email that contains something
I'm interested in. It'll search an entire Mail directory and display
any messages that match. grep works if you're trying to do something
like count lines with particular words or something, but it's not very
useful when you're trying to recover messages.

Chris

--
Christopher S. Swingley           phone: 907-474-2689
Computer Systems Manager          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu