Re: Mutt's in Alaska

Subject: Re: Mutt's in Alaska
From: Michael Fowler (michael@shoebox.net)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 16:13:00 AKDT

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 12:29:33PM -0800, W. D. McKinney wrote:

> So are Chris and I the only Mutt users on the list ? I found Mutt to be
> excellent, even just beginning the learning curve.

Nope, I'm one as well. I have quite a collection of rules builtup in my
configuration directory for determine where messages should be saved when
sending or saving, and for determining what From: address and signature
should be used on outgoing messages.

That's one of my biggest gripes with mutt, that I have to setup rules to
decide what From: address and signature to use. I wish it would look at the
original message's To: address for determining that, it would make setting
up rules much simpler. Perhaps it does have something for this, and I'm
simply not aware of it..

On the whole, mutt is the best mail client I've used. It fits my needs well
in terms of power and usability.

Michael

--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net