Re: ftp scripts

Subject: Re: ftp scripts
From: James Gibson (eclectric@ftml.net)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 03:57:56 AKDT

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Mike Baker wrote:
> Thanks to everyone that answered. This is what I was looking for.
> I'd never heard of expect or wget and so didn't know to use them.

one more since we're on it, if you wanted to do it like you were talking
about from windows with a list of commands to run from a text file you can
do:
ftp <commands.txt
which will read lines from commands.txt and feed them into the standard
input of ftp (as if you had typed them).

However, expect really is a superior way to go, as you can do error
checking, etc.. and wget is just flat-out indispensable.

--James