Re: APT-GET and SuSE 8.0

Subject: Re: APT-GET and SuSE 8.0
From: Christopher Swingley (cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 13:41:02 AKDT

Dee,

* W. D. McKinney <deem@wdm.com> [2002-Jul-10 13:25 AKDT]:
> After running Debian Woody (sid) for a short while, and now back to SuSE
> 8.0 on my laptop, I can say safely Debian is a nice distro though I
> personally am just to deep into SuSE to move on. Yet the apt package was
> nice to use while running Debian, so I have installed everything to use
> this under my SuSE install as well.

How does SuSE handle this? Is there an apt sources list for SuSE just
like the Debian mirrors, or is the SuSE 'apt' just a friendly way to
download and install RPM's?

Mutt rocks, in case you're not convinced yet.

Chris

--
Christopher S. Swingley           phone: 907-474-2689
Computer Systems Manager          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu