new computer recommendations

Subject: new computer recommendations
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 13:20:31 AKDT

I'm looking at building a new computer. Looking at something pretty
good, but not _too_ expensive. Athlon 2100+, 512 RAM, decent 3d vid
card, 24X or higher cd/rw, 40gb+ hard drive.

I'm hoping that someone has recommendations for what hardware works the
best with linux. Particularly the video card, sound card, and
motherboard (usb in particular)

Also, I've heard of some problems with combinations of athlon, agp, and
linux. Does anyone know what the problem is, and how I can avoid it?

Any other general recommendations on what hardware to get would be good
too. :)

Thanks,
Justin

P.S. if anyone is interested in a nice laptop, i'm planning on selling
mine to help pay for this new desktop :)