RE: Report?

Subject: RE: Report?
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 22:28:13 AKDT

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 21:14, stephen king wrote:

> How about $195 per call for minor incident online support ($245 if you wanna
> actually talk to somebody) and $210 per hour for major phone support, versus
> a wonderful lovable world-wide community of free support?

This is a good point, the difference in support, the availability of
answers practically 24/7 at little to no cost. As with the 'free
software' concept, the support avenues available take some getting used
to.

I would like to add that the money can stay in the community as opposed
being treated like a revenue source for some outside corporation with
no ties to the community.

> I got into an argument today about Linux vs Micro$oft with my boss. He
> wants me to write him a report on 'Why Linux is Better'
> Some ideas would be appericated. (Besides the common 'More Stable'
> 'Free' etc.)
>
> Adam

Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.